Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year = New Reading

Oh wow - it's been a few weeks since I lasted posted!  I need to get back in the swing of things.  The holidays made my blogging schedule fall a little to the back burner, but I plan on getting back to it.

So I have decided to take on some reading challenges this year and I'm so excited about them.  I always enjoyed reading and I will go through spurts of reading where I will read anything I can get my hands on and then I won't read any books for a little while.  Well I want to read more.  So it just so happens, my lovely family gifted me a Kindle during Christmas and I've been happily pushed to dive back into reading more.

So the two reading "projects" I'm excited about are:

1. - On Jan. 3 I checked the "Blogs I am Following" on the Blogger dashboard and seen this awesome challenge of Blogging Through the Bible in 90 Days over on Mom's Toolbox.  Now - I have never actually read the Bible in it's completeness from cover to cover.  I've read my bible, but never from front to back (the Bible isn't in order anyways - which is why it can be intimidating for some people to actually read it).  I have also been feeling a little guilty lately for not reading it as much as I probably should.  So when I stumbled across this challenge mixed with blogging - I thought it would be great and really felt like I should give it a go.

2. - Right around Christmas I had a cousin mention about starting a book club and she wanted to know who all may be interested.  She had enough response of interested people that she started a book club.  So, now I'm also in a book club.  I've never been in a book club before.  I've thought about it a year ago and even began to search it out a little, but then dropped it and never picked it back up.  This month we are reading Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin.  I have already read the book and I would recommend it to anyone who is an Alice In Wonderland fan.  It is the story of the real Alice who was the inspiration for the novel to be written.

So - I plan to do a little blogging each week to link up for the Bible challenge and what I'm learning there as well as a little blip on what our book club is currently reading.

-Mamma G-

No comments:

Post a Comment